14 Jul 2017
Barbara Comstock has been awfully quiet about the Russian attack on our election last year. We’re seeing a very different Comstock now than we did last year, when she was demanding that LuAnn Bennett comment on the very serious subject of Hillary Clinton’s emails.
Comstock called the investigation “unprecedented” and expressed concern about the supposedly “great carelessness” Clinton showed in the handling of classified information.
Comstock made a name for herself investigating the Clintons throughout the 90’s. She investigated very serious things like hiring friends of the Clintons to work in White House travel office. There was also the very serious matter of the Clintons borrowing $200,000 which they invested in a failed real estate venture.
When Comstock decided to run for Congress she started right back up demanding that we get to the “bottom of the truth” on Benghazi.
“We need to get to the bottom of the truth in Benghazi, and I will do that because I’ve done that before as a chief investigator in Congress”
But that was then and this is now. Here is just a partial list of things we’ve recently learned that Barbara Comstock is refusing to comment on:
- Russian hackers targeted targeted our Presidential Election
- Trump’s campaign manager is suspected of receiving at least $13 million in payments from the Russians
- Russian hackers targeted our voter registration systems
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions had multiple secret meetings with the Russian ambassador and then lied about it to Congress
- Trump’s National Security Advisor, Michael Flynn, was forced to resign over likely illegal contacts with the Russians.
- Jared Kushner apparently wanted to create a secret back channel with Russia for the express purpose of avoiding detection by U.S. counterintelligence officials
- Jared Kushner, Paul Manafort and Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian government lawyer and a Russian intelligence officer to discuss how the Russians could help them win the election
All of this, and in the words of Barbara Comstock herself, she refuses to comment. Silence.